- A rich and powerful tuition ebook with fast navigation.
- A thorough guide that will "grow" with you as you gain proficiency.
- Loaded with tips and tricks.
- Entirely devoted to bass clef and bass-guitar.
Learn to read music from scratch
Encouraging the player to become fluent, through immersion in the language.
- Over 60 exercises, with audio support for capable devices.
- Optically optimised notation for maximum readability.
- Guidance for fingering and counting.
- Serves as a solid foundation for a player wishing to progress to improvisation.
A practical, easily navigable guide, it aims to thoroughly support beginners and intermediate students alike, and keep them tuned-in to the singular goal of identifying note patterns.
About the author
Paul has played bass with a succession of bands, including double-bass in a barn dance band, singing bass in a barbershop quartet, and covered rock, indie and ska-punk.
These days, he is more overwhelmed by 1920's and 30's jazz and swing, performing with the Original Rabbit Foot Spasm Band since 2007.
Bass playing and teaching have to fit around his interest in emerging graphics technology. Applying these new tools to his craft, he hopes to make music theory more engaging for bass students